1. powered by Surfing Waves

CFW 3.55/3.5x/3.6x/3.7x/4.x - novosti

Discussion in 'PlayStation 3' started by proton, Jul 24, 2011.

1. proton

proton Member

[F.A.Q] A n00bs Guide To All Things Related To PS3 Hacking

So as most of you know, the PS3 Scene just recently celebrated the one year anniversary of the PS3 being hacked/jailbroken, many, many things have happened in that short year, many changes and break throughs, i have two reasons for creating such a FAQ, the obvious being all the changes, PS3 owners just getting into the scene, need help and guidance, i also seen a failed attempt at a F.A.Q on another site and i thought that mistake needed to be rectified, with a proper F.A.Q

(Q) Why Would I Hack/Jailbreak My PS3 ?
    (A) Hacking your PS3, gives you so many new option’s, you will be able to use emulators, homebrew apps and game backups as well as being able to use Linux, after Sony removed the function in firmware 3.21.

(Q) Is there a firmware my PS3 should be on ?
    (A) It seems the preferable firmwares are 3.15(For the real OtherOS), 3.41(The original “Jailbreak” firmware) and 3.55(the first CFW PS3), 3.55 is the favourite and most used.

(Q) What Firmwares cannot be hacked yet ?
    (A) 3.56 to 3.72 are unhackable at the moment, perhaps it will remain that way, or perhaps we will see a break through in the future, only time will tell.

(Q) But when i bought my PS3, the firmware was above 3.55/My family member updated my console when i was out , how can i have Homebrew ?
    (A) All hope isn’t lost, you can downgrade your consoles firmware with devices like progskeet, at the moment, this is rather a tedious process, involving soldering several wires to your PS3, but in the future we will have solderless models of these products, for information on how to downgrade, check this thread:
    Noob Tutorial: How to downgrade/flash your PS3 from firmware 3.70 to 3.55 via ProgSkeet/Teensy++ and install 3.55 Kmeaw CFW

(Q) Downgrading was a pain, i don’t want to go through that again, is there a way i can protect my PS3 from accidental upgrading ?
    (A) You can use Team Rebugs firmware spoofer, it spoofs the firmware, so that when someone attempts to update the PS3, via internet or disc, the PS3 tells them they are already on the highest firmware, as an extra precaution, you should remove your consoles access to the PS3, when you are not around, you can grab your spoofer, from the offical Rebug site here.

(Q) What other firmwares can i hack/jailbreak my PS3 on ?
    (A) 2.76, 3.01, 3.15, 3.21, 3.40, can all be “hacked” using the PS Jailbreak USB Dongle or equivalent variants, information on the useable devices, can be found on my old F.A.Q, which you can view here.

(Q) CFW/MFW Or Dongle ?
    (A) CFW/MFW is the way to go, dongles are more or less dead, apart from the Cobra USB dongle, but it too will become obsolete as its features get implemented into CFW/MFW, also with CFW/MFW, you do not need to do the start-eject combo that is needed with the dongles.

(Q) How do i install CFW ?
    (A) If you aren’t already on 3.55, you will need to update to the official Sony firmware, then install a CFW via recovery, Pirate wrote a great guide, which you can read here:
    [Tutorial] How to play and install Backups with Kmeaw CFW+PSN without risk of brick or itskamel’s NOOB JAILBREAK GUIDE
    If you wish to stay on official firmware 3.41, the same method applies, but you will need to grab Team Rebugs 3.41 CFW, which you can find here.
    Here is a video of Kmeaw being installed via the Recovery Method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yUcEGwy5wAI#!

(Q) I see many different CFW/MFW, which one should i chose ?
    (A) As i stated earlier, Kmeaw is the most popular CFW/MFW but there are other versions and you can take your pick, all installed the same way as the above method:
    Team Rebugs 3.41/3.55 CFW
    BobbyBlunt’s PS3HaX MFW
    Thelostdeathknight’s PS3HaX MFW
    varaques MFW
    bitsbubbas NFW
    bitsbubbas NFW With Cobra Implimentation

(Q) I want to test a different CFW/MFW, is it ok to install a CFW on top of another CFW.
    (A) If you have Kmeaw installed, you can install Rebug over the top of it, but if you decide you don’t like Rebug and want to go back to Kmeaw, it is advised that you install the 3.55 Official Firmware, then install Kmeaw, as a precaution, i would advise that is done with all CFW changes

(Q) Ok so i have CFW installed, how do i run homebrew ?
    (A) You will see in the game section, you will see “Install Package Files”, you will be able to install all your homebrew and backup managers from there, just a note though, the PKG files that you are installing, need to be on the root of your FAT32 formatted thumbdrive/external HDD.

(Q) Now that i have updated to 3.55 CFW, is there a list of working homebrew app’s/games ?
    (A) Here are a few links:
    Homebrew Games Collection(Maintained by manster)
    Homebrew Emulator Collection(Maintained by Thelostdeathknight)
    Homebrew Application Collection(maintained by GregoryRasputin(me)

(Q) How do i play my backups ?
    (A) You will need a backup manager, the following are available(We recommend the PS3HaX endorsed multiMAN):
    multiMAN For help, check the (Support Forum) Grab BDEMU2 here.
    Rogero
    Gaia
    Iris
    Open Manager(Firmware 3.41 Only)
    Hermes Manager(Firmware 3.41 Only)

(Q) I have my games backed up, i now want to play online, how do i do that ?
    (A) Currently there is no way to access the PSN server to play online, even if a new CFW came out, Sony would block PSN again with a new OFW, so your only real option, if you want both homebrew and PSN, is to have two PS3′s

(Q) What are my storage options for backing up games ?
    (A) You can install games on the PS3′s internal HDD or use an External USB HDD, which needs to be formatted to FAT32, you can also use a FAT32 USB Thumb Drive, note that with FAT32 you are limited to games with single files under 4GB, if you prefer all your games to be on the internal HDD, you can get up to 1TB 2.5? HDD, or you can use the Xecuter PS3 HDXT method and have your internal HDD on the outside of the machine, the benefit of this, is that you can use 3.5? Sata and IDE HDD’s as internal storage.
    Some more PS3 HDD Information submitted by ieder-zijn-meis(Thanks again)
    - maximum height is 9,5mm (many 2.5? drives above 640GB are too high too fit inside)
    – maximum PS3 filesystem is 1TB (512KB block size)
    – maximum FAT32 theoretical size is 8TB, practical limit on the PS3 is 2TB
    – 7200rpm can be used, as well as Flashdrives (although the 1/5th lower loadingtime of GTA5 can be considered too low to justify the higher pricetag of SATA Flashdrives.
    – SATAII-300 can be used, although it will work on SATA1-150 speed interface.
    – If using external 3.5? drives hooked up to the internal SATA, you’ll need an external powersupply (some drivebays include them).
    – If on low budget or you like DIY: use a normal extension (male to female) SATA cable (and make sure it doesn’t get loose) and recycle the case + powersupply of an external USB harddisk (without using the USB connection/conversion).
    – Don’t use RAID or SAN drives with (e)SATA interface, just a plain single drive with a bare SATA connector (many controllers don’t work without drivers/software).
    – Games can be hardcoded for BluRay speeds (9MB/s) so sticking a 85~220MB/s harddrive inside will not speedup everything/allways (but most do).
    – If you plan on exchanging the drive, download the full PUP of your FW you are using and put it on an USB Mass Storage Device formatted with FAT32 in PS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP and disconnect the LAN before re powering the PS3 (or you’ll bound to end up with the latest (3.55 now) unjailbreakable/undowngradable version).
    – Use a good fitting X screwdriver, the screws fitted to the HDtray are made of very soft aluminum.

Here is a tutorial, by forum member Invi, on how to an External IDE HDD Case and use it as Internal Storage:
    HowTo: Use an external IDE HDD Case to connect an Internal 3,5″ Sata HDD as PS3 HDD.

(Q) Now that i am on 3.55, can i install Linux ?
    (A) Follow this thread.

(Q) Ok im fed up with using my thumb drive, is there a way to download apps directly to the PS3.
    (A) Yes,you will need to instal “Package Installer”, then you will be able to FTP the apps to the “packages” folder on your PS3, you can find more about that here.

(Q) Ok so i have backed up a game, i want to save that game to my computer as an extra backup, or i want to mod the game, how do i transfer it from my PS3.
    (A) There are two methods, FTP, there are three of those at the moment:
    PS3 FTP Server by CJCP
    blackb0x FTP Server by blackb0x
    OpenPS3FTP(Probably the most stable)
    Alternatively you can use
    Comgenies Awesome Filemanager
    or
    Simple Filemanager
    multiMAN also has FTP and Filemanger options
    if you cant use FTP, or have an External HDD, Comgenies Filemanager is the best choice.

(Q) I just bought a new game, tried to play it, but it says i need to update my firmware, what do i do ?
    (A) Unfortunately, newer games being released, will be unplayable on current CFW’s, you may be lucky and get a patch, but the chances of those are getting slimmer as time goes on, so the only options you are left with, are update or buy a new PS3, this is the sad situation of the scene, until the scene developers release a new CFW, you will be unable to play the newer games you bought.

(Q) I want to be able to create my own Homebrew, is it possible.
    (A.1) Yes, using the Open Source PS3 SDK, named PSL1GHT, you can create Homebrew, PSL1GHT was created by AerialX, read about it here.

(A.2) You can use the Official Sony SDK, it is reported that this is better for creating homebrew, than the open source version.

(Q) I backed up a few of my movies to .AVI and .MKV formats, but when i try and play them through Showtime, or stream them via PS3Media Server, i get a Cinavia warning, is there any way past this ?
    (A) You can install this app:
    Disable Cinavia Installer (3.41 & 3.55)(By Team Rebug)

(Q) Can play PS2/PS1 backups on my Jailbroken PS3 ?
    (A.1) You can use this method, it lets you use Swap Magic to load PS2 backups on your PS3, the only consoles allowed, are those that are Backwards Compatible, this option also works on a non Jailbroken PS3, even with firmware 3.70
    (A.2) You can use the Cobra USB dongle, to play PS1 or PS2 backups on your Jailbroken PS3, it is compatible with firmwares 3.41 and 3.55

People who deserve thanks and respect, for making this great PS3 Scene what it is, without them, it wouldn’t really exist Mathieulh, RichDevX, GeoHot, The PS Jailbreak Team, KaKaRoTo, Hermes, klutsh, Amon-Ra, marcan, ThatOtherPerson, AerialX, Comgenie , NZHawk, CJCP, blackb0x, MohammadAG, gliitch, Kmeaw, fail0verflow, moogie, durandal, Snowydew, kaz, eussNL, robo hobo, squarepusher2, condorstrike, CrashSerious, graf_chokolo, glevand, jjolano, Mr.Goodfrag, samson, facanferff, DarkhackerPS3, lunuxx, deank, Rogero, uf6667, opium2k, Codename Rebug and any other person, who has also created a payload, made homebrew, or contributed to the scene, if i have missed your name, sorry

2. proton

proton Member

Project: 3.60 Slim Flash Dumped and 3.6x, keys soon?

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/pnm-project-update-3-60-slim-flash-dumped-3-6x-keys-coming-soon-1256/

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/07/pnm-project-3-60-slim-flash-dumped-and-3-6x-keys-soon/

3. sikibu1

sikibu1 Member

Downgrade sa 3.6+ na zeljeni fw sada moguc, uz pomoc Teensy++ 2.0. Samo za NOR i veste u lemljenju.
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/norway-teensy-2-0-flasher-software-1260/

4. ivamark

ivamark Well-Known Member

5. proton

proton Member

Sve je moguce, mozda i kupuju vreme.....scena se polako pokrece i to je ono sto je bitno.

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/07/progskeet-software-drivers-diagrams-released/

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/07/dual-ps3-nand-on-40gb-phat-ps3-working/

6. proton

proton Member

PS3 Slim/Phat Video showing 3.66 CFW

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/07/ps3-slimphat-video-showing-3-66-cfw-running/

....nije nesto ali krece se.

7. sqall

sqall Active Member

PS3 Slim/Phat Video showing 3.66 CFW

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/07/ps3-slimphat-video-showing-3-66-cfw-running/

....nije nesto ali krece se.

Bilo bi dobro da to sto je postigao sada izbaci na net da se ps3 scena malo mrdne,ali kada malo bolje razmislim bolje da ne diraju nista dok ne izadje uncharted 3 posto tesko da ce posle njega izaci neki bitniji update sa zastitom i mirni smo sigurno 7-8 meseci ako ne i jace.

8. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

Pa ako je Sony uspio da odrzi PS3 sigurnim vec evo 5 mjeseci, onda ce i nakon sljedeceg hacka to isto moci uraditi. U ovim novim najavama mi se najvise svidja pokretanje PSone isoa i diskova.

9. proton

proton Member

Mislim da bi najbolje bilo da jos malo sacekaju, taman dok svi jaci hitovi izadju,.
    Svojim preranim najavama samo ugrozavaju svoje projekte.

Naravno volio bih da svi dobijemo podrsku za PS1/PS2, to bi bilo sve u jednom iz iste kuce.

10. ivamark

ivamark Well-Known Member

Ovo bi trebalo da konacno ''sredi'' 3.60+,ako sam ja dobro ovo razumeo.
    http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/08/gitbrew-signing-pkgs-for-firmware-3-60-soon/

11. proton

proton Member

Dobro si razumeo, samo da ne bude fake.

12. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

PS3UPDAT.PUP or it didn't happen. :lol:

13. sicokralj

sicokralj Member

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/08/downgrade-from-3-70-now-possible-using-progskeet-dospiedra-digitalangel/

14. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

Ja bih iskreno radije ostao na originalima nego se upustio u ovakav poduhvat za downgrade. Sve dok se ne pojave neka "clip-on" rjesenja za NAND chipove u PS3, ovo je vise nego neprakticno.

15. proton

proton Member

Lepa vest, siguran sam da ce biti prakticnijih resenja u buducnosti.

http://www.progskeet.com/home.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENkhfYlCwlE

16. sicokralj

sicokralj Member

downgrade 3.70 na 3.55 tutorijal

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/08/downgrade-for-slim-ps3-slim-consoles-on-firmware-3-70/

Hello everyone, i finally got it, we have a downgrader for slims consoles , this time a bit different that i did with fat models, i made it by the two flashers, progskeet and teensy ++,dope

We need:
    fat or slim console with nor updated to 3.70 “DO NOT TRY With ANOTHER VERSION”Solution to write and read the nor of the console ( flasher progskeet or teensy + +)
    hxd program (which I use to edit hex)
    FlowRebuilder v.4.1.3.2
    a cold beer (this is important)
    Http://pastebin.com/yuvJ5Leh Downgrade.bin

First we dump our NOR with a flasher, the file size must be “16,777,216 bytes” no byte more or a byte less, take several to be absolutely sure of what you do..get the dump “example jakemcallister.bin”and we have to get it in flowrebuilder to make it readable,the option is called bytereverse dump and extract

we do it and we will have a file but the extension will be bin.REV open it with the hxd and take out our personal data of the console EID, BOOTLOADER, CSID and METLDR

no need to put more data
    We get it with the following way:in this case we get our METLDR in our prepatched image for downgrade attached in this tutorial
    inside the folder where flowrebuilder had placed our.rev also has created another folder called “nameofthedump.EXT”in there are our personal files of our console and we need to get some to place em inside the pre-patched image that i attached

Open the hxd and open downgrade.bin and the metldr file that is inside the folder asecure_loader, we pick the tab on the hxd metldr and copy all the HEX content to get in inside the downgrade.bin
    press control + g and write “820″thats the position of the metldr right click on the first line of the position 820
    And choose “paste writing” and in the same way we introduce the other ones
    the files to get in are
    :METLDR: offset“810″ size “E960″
    BOOTLOADER_0 Offset“FC0000″ size “40000″
    EID: Offset “2F000″ size “10000″
    CISD: Offset“3F000″ size “800″

then we take the downgrade.bin with the saved changes and we get in flowrebuilder with the option bytereverse dump and extract
    This time the program will give us a error, but is a normal error, in fact is okay and will give us a file called downgrade.bin.REV

And thats the file you have to get in in the “flash” console
    if all went well at writing ,turn on the console and you will see in the screen press the ps button or in English push ps button, DONT PRESS ANYTHING, turn off the console and put it in factory service mode, once done we need to put the correct file system for 3.55 lv2diag of jaicrab without reader and a special cfw

lv2diag:http://www.logic-sunrise.com/telecharge … icrab.html
    cfw: http://pastebin.com/03MFDLGV turn onthe console with the usbstick with these two files in the right usb port (in the last) of the console and it will shut down for 10 / 15 minutes, turn on the console without any usb connected to verify that you did it correctly it will take you to xmb,
    If all went well turn off the console and put your lv2diag
    FILE2 of this pack:http://pastebin.com/gGETcxMR

the console will turn on for 20 seconds will turn off itself and CONGRATULATIONS you have your console in functional 100% and kmeaw cfw 3.55 100%

Thanks to
    iGiTaLAnGeL (Tester with progskeet)
    Glevand & mfw builder team (cfw)
    NDT (Assistant) is a very good person
    JaiCraB (lv2diag without reader)
    Robs1 (my guide with the nor flash)
    EussNL (his great support in the wiki that I use every day PS3DEVWIKI.COM)
    Defyboy (for creating ps3devwiki)
    To the whole channel darkps3 from irc-hispano.org for their support and many hours of testing we have hit hard mother****ers!
    DemonHades (because if you had not post on your website with the lie you said about me, I had not met DigitalAngel or uf6667and these two helped me a lot)

and finally to the people who asked me in private to place a donate paypal button

greetings and from now on i will resume my work with the dual nand and that dump 3.6x that gives me so many problems hehehe

Ive updated the position of METLDR that was misplaced offset 810 ” e960″size

Read more: http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/08/downgrade-for-slim-ps3-slim-consoles-on-firmware-3-70/#ixzz1VHY8x7Rx

17. fluffy

fluffy Active Member

valjda sve ovo vodi u pravcu nekog hardware moda za dual boot (cfw+ofw)

18. proton

proton Member

Ovome sam se nadao, stvarno divna vest....jos samo da nadju nacin za pokretanje noviH igara na 3.55 CFW.

19. DieH@rd

DieH@rd Winter Knight Staff Member Administrator

Ajd nek mi neko da tldr verziju, jel ovaj downgrader softverski ili je potrebno otvarati konzolu or smth?

20. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

Treba "samo" zalemiti ovu gomilu zica:
    http://jailbreakscene.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/images.jpg

Onda je sve lako, i moze se slijediti uputstvo. :lol:

21. grunt

grunt Celeb Freak

LOL indeed veoma prakticno :D Btw nisam pratio ps3 scenu koliko dugo izlaze igre sto se nemogu piratizovati ? Pola godine ? I jer sve sto izadje zahteva neki non pirate friendly FW ili ima i novijih igara sto jos uvek rade na starijim FW ? I zadnje pitanje jer ima neki nacin da se konzola drzi na nekom starijem FW radi iso-a , a da se ipak nekako mogu igrati originali koji traze noviji FW ?

22. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

koliko dugo izlaze igre sto se nemogu piratizovati

okvirno 2-3 mjeseca (tu i tamo je bilo dobrih naslova u medjuvremenu koji su se mogli modificirati)

jer ima neki nacin da se konzola drzi na nekom starijem FW radi iso-a , a da se ipak nekako mogu igrati originali koji traze noviji FW ?

trenutno ne. moras birati sta zelis - starije "gusare" ili nove originale.

valjda sve ovo vodi u pravcu nekog hardware moda za dual boot (cfw+ofw)

to bi zahtjevalo dva nand chipa i dva hard diska u jednoj konzoli (ili neku eksternu varijantu).

23. grunt

grunt Celeb Freak

Ok hvala na odgovorima ! Jos uvek je onda matori x360 najbolji prijatelj domacih kopija :D

24. proton

proton Member

Noob Tutorial: How to downgrade/flash your PS3 from firmware 3.70 to 3.55 via ProgSkeet/Teensy++ and install 3.55 Kmeaw CFW

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/08/noob-tutorial-how-to-downgradeflash-your-ps3-from-firmware-3-70-to-3-55-via-progskeetteensy-and-install-3-55-kmeaw-cfw/

Fast-Swap Between CFW And OFW (ProgSkeet)

http://www.ps3hax.net/index.php

25. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

LOL, cuj "Noob Tutorial". :D

26. proton

proton Member

To su uporedjivali sa prethodnim, ali i ovaj bas "noob":), ima i nekih najava da ce se u septembru pojaviti mnogo elegantnije resenje, nesto kao USB stik nadam se.

27. Kraken

Kraken Disco Bean

Ma lako cemo sa downgradeom, sta cemo sa 3.6 :D

28. proton

proton Member

Ha-ha-ha da sta ce mo sa 3.60, nadam se da ce to sa igrama koje ga zahtevaju biti brzo reseno.

Izgleda da ce biti nekih elegantnijih resenja za 3.70

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/08/e3-flasher-ps3-flasher-by-team-e3diy-coming-soon/

29. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

Kao sto sam i pretpostavio, ovo je potrebno za dual-boot:

We need 2 HDD because the NOR flashes stores some parts of the current FW on the HDD… so we will need 2 HDDs, one is for 3.55, and one is for 3.70.

Meh.

30. Kraken

Kraken Disco Bean

Sta je problem, imas stari hdd i novi koji si uzeo za isoe, i stari koristis za najnoviji fw.

31. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

Druga stvar je eksterni disk, to imam, ali ovdje moras da radis "swap" diskova u samoj konzoli. Posto imam 320GB Slim, nisam nikada imao potrebe da nadogradjujem disk.

32. Blue

Blue ....................

Ako ikada bude postojalo dual boot rešenje neće me mrzeti da menjam HDD-ove,
    do tad sam na originalima.

33. Kraken

Kraken Disco Bean

Jbga, ja imam stari 60gb koji sam zamenio novim od 1/2tb-a internim tako da imam sta da swapujem :D

34. proton

proton Member

Pa resenje sa dva HDD-a nije bas elegantno, ali benificije su ogromne.

35. proton

proton Member

E3 Flasher - Downgrade

Team E3DIY contacted us today showing and confirming that they have managed to successively downgrade PS3 firmware 3.70 to 3.55 from their chip. They told us that this method requires NO soldering for SLIM PS3 consoles (required for phat), works for NAND and NOR, and is a simpl

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/e3-flasher-downgrade-poc-video-1388/

http://ps3.dashhacks.com/2011/08/31/video-e3-flasher-slim-3-70-3-55-downgrade

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/08/e3-team-e3-flasher-poc-video-3-7-to-3-55-downgrade-video/

Ovome sam se nadao.

36. DieH@rd

DieH@rd Winter Knight Staff Member Administrator

ql

37. proton

proton Member

E3DIY team success dual boot with E3 FLASHER, you can switch 3.7 and 3.55 in few only a few seconds!

- Easy with 1 key operation.

E3 Flasher: Dual boot from 3.70 and 3.55 in seconds!

- E3 company will release all details like picture, installation, operation and price next week.

-Team E3DIY get another great progress for PS3 with E3 FLASHER, it will release at the same time next week.

- PS: 4times switch showes same MAC address, to prove it is the same console.

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/e3-flasher-dual-boot-from-3-70-and-3-55-in-seconds/

38. fluffy

fluffy Active Member

idd...na videu se ne vidi dal menjaju hard...mada kratko traje cela ta "operacija"
    awesome stvar...samo da nije fake i da ne bude mucho mucho $:)

39. proton

proton Member

E3 FLASHER: PSN support

Clear up doubt ,E3 FLASHER dual boot, 3.7 play PSN and 3.55 play HD game

After we release dual boot video, most player love it and also with some doubt.
    We understand, so today release a new video, and do some clarification .

1: E3 FLASHER not only a flasher, but with perfectly extension because integrated lots of interface, we will release
    more useful function later, all will be free just like we release golden finger function on E3 card reader.

2: E3 FLASHER can be upgrade from PC USB or TF card, very simple.

3: E3 FLASHER dual boot need 2 harddisk, one for 3.7 , another for 3.55. if you use only one HD, it will be required format everytime.
    we will release a kit include ESATA station for you switch harddisk. (support 2.5 and 3.5′ DISK)

4: At present, on nand flash console, it need solder wire. And no dual boot function because no 256M NAND FLASH ON E3 FLASHER.
    on nor flash fat console, it need solder wire , and include dual boot function.
    on slim console, it no need solder wire but need solder some point.it is easy can be done in 3min. (don’t misunderstand no solder wire means no solder)

5: we will release 2 new version E3 FLASHER at the end of this month.
    One is 256M nand flash on board and with CLIP, to get dual boot and no solder function.
    Another is same as present E3 FLASHER but with CLIP, so all nor flash console no need any solder at that time. (sure cost will higher)

6: If all go well, we will release official picture and retail price on this wensday !

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/e3-flasher-psn-support/

40. Scorpion

Scorpion Neki Tamo

Odavno se nije odigralo nista na sceni sto bi mi privuklo paznju ... ovo cu bas da ispratim.

41. proton

proton Member

Full 3.60 SDK PlayStation 3

Usenet user, JoHNAaRoN, has released the FULL 3.60 PS3 SDK shortly after the 3.40 full SDK was leaked a few days ago. The leak also inculdes the PS3 3.55 downgrade PUP file for FW 3.56+ test kits.

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/full-3-60-sdk-playstation-3-leak-by-johnaaron/

42. proton

proton Member

Team E3DIY: E3 Flasher, Pictures, Release date, and Pricing

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/team-e3diy-e3-flasher-pictures-release-date-and-pricing/

E3 Flasher = The world’s first Dual-Boot, with simple 1 key operation = Surprising Arrival!

Features:
    Dual Boot 3.7OFW and 3.55CFW on same PS3
    Downgrade 3.7 to 3.55 in 5min
    16M NOR FLASH ON board
    3 save MODE, can save data in TF, NOR FLASH on board and PC HD
    1 KEY operation, simple is best
    Upgradable from TF card or PC USB
    Compatiable all device like PS3/WII/XBOX360/MP3/DVD/BD/MP4/Table PC which has NAND or NOR flash memory.
    Integrated lots of interface, perfectly extension, will have more function with future new E3 accessory.
    E3 flasher Limited version includes 8 accessory, suggested retail price $88 USD, total production run only 3000 units!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-FJsuc_uAjc

43. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

Treba cekati kineske kopije po 3x nizoj cijeni, jer je ovo mnogo bez obzira na funkcije i mogucnosti.

44. proton

proton Member

I ja se nadam, a inace su oni produkciju ogranicili na "total production run only 3000 units!".

45. proton

proton Member

E3 Flasher: Clarification on Price, and Slim Console PDF Install Guide

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/e3-flasher-clarification-on-price-and-slim-console-pdf-install-guide/

Q1: What's the E3 flasher Limited?
    The E3 Flasher Limited is an universal programmer for all NAND/NOR flash device. It support PS3 slim console better because E3 flasher limited has 16M NOR flash memory , and with soft board to connect SLIM console easier, and also this limited version include 8 accessory like ESATA STATION. Sure it also support NAND flash console&device .

Q2: How about installation for fat and slim ps3 console?
    The limited version need solder 34 wires on NAND FLASH FAT CONSOLE, it need use E3 LINKER.
    The limited version need solder 50 wires on NOR FLASH FAT CONSOLE,it need use E3 LINKER.
    The limited version need solder some points on NOR FLASH SLIM CONSOLE, no need any wire.

Q3: How many Harddisk we need? What function with E3 Esata Station?
    As fact, you no need any extra HD because you can take out ps3 internal HD and put into E3 esata station. It will play like internal HD. Every time if you change FW, you will be required fomat and upgrade. So if you want get more function like dual boot and fast switch FW function, you need prepare another HD for another FW, just like you will get 3.7HD for 3.7FW, 3.55HD for 3.55FW, all will be regards as internet HD. With E3 esata station, the internal HD size can be MAX to 2.5T, compatiable 2.5&3.5' HD with MAX to 3G speed , and also works 4GB+ game well ,this means no need USB HD anymore.

Q4: If we will get problem with PSN if switch to 3.7?
    Some guy say there has unique ID inside original PS3 NOR FLASH, so it will get problem if you choose another NOR FLASH memory. We don't think so because you can keep original PS3 NOR FLASH with 3.7OFW, so even you connect to PSN, it will find you are original, change nothing! Sure you can keep 3.55CFW on E3 NOR FLASH.

Q5: Do we need any software and PC?
    No, you no need install any software, no need any PC to operation. You get all function on E3 FLASHER itsself. just press key on E3 FLASHER COVER BOARD and wait few min or few second..

Q6: If PS3 upgrade to new firmware, does E3 FLASHER works again?
    We can't promise but will do best to work and provide to all free, you shoud trust E3DIY team.

Q7: Which version PS3 can downgrade and dual boot?
    We find all FAT console works , most slim console works even include some new slim console which come with 3.56+ original FW. We find 3000X version console can programme correctly but can't downgrade and dual boot, we will do best to work it out and provide to all free.

46. proton

proton Member

Rogero’s MFW – Fixes Trophy Error after PS3 Downgrade

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/released-rogeros-mfw-fixes-trophy-error-after-ps3-downgrade/

Progskeet QT Flasher

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/released-progskeet-qt-flasher/

47. Omega

Omega N64 je đubre

@Post 46:
    Znaci ipak treba lemiti zice na maticnoj ploci. Neka hvala.

48. proton

proton Member

I ja sam blago razocaran, toliko najava i price a ipak na kraju "lem".

Mozda bude neko novo resenje u danima koji dolaze, mozda neki mali CFW.

49. proton

proton Member

E3 FLASHER SHOW

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzAyMTQ2MDY0.html

50. proton

proton Member

How to get the 3.60 keys

Hi demons,

this is a tutorial on how to obtain the 3.6+ keys, and it’s been made by S0ul and DemonHades (thanks to Demon for the info and for revising it). This is for all those people out there that think that finding the keys is easy.

Requirements:
    - a brain
    - expensive hardware
    - Knowledge of motherboard designs (this is if you wanna obtain data from sockets)
    - SMD and BGA knowledge (to desolder and solder smd and bga components)
    - High Frequency Oscilloscopes (to log frequencies)
    - PPC ASM knowledge (to modify lvs to be able to implement new functions)
    - Knowledge of the PS3′s architecture (to know what’s an lv)
    - a lot of patience

Let’s see how this rolls out:
    To obtain the keys, we’ll need lv0 decrypted. Lv0 will unpack itself unto the RAM, and is decrypted with the bld key. There, the keys will already be in the SPU, which is like a safe, an impossible area to enter (isolated from the exterior).

When the loaders and the lvs are loaded unto the SPU, lv1 will clean any traces of the decrypted lvs and loaders from the memory. But who’s the one giving orders to clean? Lv1, therefore, it can be accessed with an exploited version.

To solve this problem, we’d need to make a modified lv1 that’ll copy the data we wanna get, the decrypted lv0 in memory, and then make it put that info aside, so we can then extract it, and after that, leave it continue its normal cleaning and mapping routines.
    This way, we’ll have the part of the memory with lv0 safe for us to get, exposing lv0 to all its content.
    From there, we’ll have appldr, that’ll be decrypted with lv0, and with it, we’ll have our “keys warehouse” available to us.

Do you still think it’s easy to obtain the keys? I don’t think so…

Greetings to everyone,
    S0ul.

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/how-to-get-the-3-60-keys-technical/